Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Heart



Matthew 22:36-37 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'"


John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.

 

 

Have you and I really been loving the Lord with all of our heart? Or have we been keeping some things back...somethings hidden...some things that we think are not included...or those things that we feel are just not necessary since we know we are already right in those areas of our lives already!  

 

Yes, we have given God our cares, our need for salvation...and our needs. But, have we given him our whole heart all the way to the outer corners of it? Have we been willing to trust Him with everything...even those most precious things we hold dear?

 

Are we willing to be molded and become more and more who God wants us to be...which is more like Christ? Are we withholding some areas of our heart because we think there are certain things that God could NOT possibly want to change!! I mean, my church teaches it, and it seems completely legitimate to me!!

 

I follow all the rules and do what I am supposed to...so isn't that enough??

 

What would happen if I did deliberately begin giving each area of my heart to God...even all the rules I have been living by??

 

What would happen if I let Him be in charge of the desires of my heart?

 

What would happen if I decided to obey this command to love Him with my whole heart? Would this mean I'd have to love those I don't think deserve it?

 

What would happen if I trust Him this much?

 

 

What would happen?

 
 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. It has already happened for His love fills your heart and spirit with all that you share...for you praise Him so very openly and beautifully with ever word from your mouth whose beginnings came from a heart that His love and grace occupy. You moved my heart greatly my sister, I shall follow both of your sites, that i may get a spiritual hug from you each day God bless and thanks for following my site.. I have one on blogspot also 'A Taste of Bliss.blogspot.com. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...