Friday, January 11, 2013

Enjoying Everything About God and His Written Word I

 
 
 

I believe not one tittle of scripture, or one ounce of God's creation, or one area of our Savior's life or what He taught should ever be ignored. I'm not saying we should try and be hyper-vigilant -- oh, no. But to always have our hearts open to God as He teaches us how to live free...and to not allow our fears and superstitions to dominate.

 
 

 

I learned early on, thanks to great bible teachers, to be very careful about grasping at all the waves of doctrine that regularly fly around. I look back and remember the various ideas people believed...and spread! Yikes! 

 

 
 

"Greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world" This is not just a nice sounding sentiment...it is true. I see Christians today have more fears than ever before...well, in my Christian lifetime anyway.

 

 
 

 

"Don't touch this and don't go there and don't buy that and don't think like that!" St. Paul spoke about this. In 1 Corinthians 10:18-33 he says that the only thing to really  'worry' about is if what you do causes someone else to stumble, or puts an obstacle in their way of coming to Christ.

 

 
 

When I first got saved I was in a church that came out of the Jesus Movement...and so one of the practices was to partake in secular album breaking or burning - well, we had a breaking party! Now I look back and kinda morn over the albums I broke that would now be collectors items!

 

 

In this last section of scripture in 1 Corinthians 10 Paul says that since any meat that is offered to idols are really offered to nothing, since idols are in actuality only things and not gods at all...then it is not going to hurt us to eat it if it won't make anyone stumble. Yet, he also says that going out of our way to get idol meat would not be a good idea either (because maybe it is cheaper)...because God wants our conscience to be completely clear and to do things freely, but out of faith and love. Please also read Romans 14.

 

 

Additionally, please ponder on this section of scripture:  http://gwt.scripturetext.com/colossians/2.htm

 

 

I just love animals. They are such a gift from God! They definitely have God's fingerprints on them. I believe that it is the enemy that wants us to 'use' them without considering that we are stewards of them and should care about their well being. Everything that lives will die at some point, so it is not the dying of an animal that bothers me...it is how it lives and how it dies is what concerns me. I am not a vegetarian, and I don't advocate it....yet, I do advocate the ethical treatment of all of God's creation....because it is a gift to us, so in my heart it would be ungrateful to do otherwise. All, meaning, people too of course.

 

 

 

Romans 1: 18-23 18God's anger is revealed from heaven against every ungodly and immoral thing people do as they try to suppress the truth by their immoral living. 19What can be known about God is clear to them because he has made it clear to them. 20From the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly observed in what He made. As a result, people have no excuse. 21They knew God but did not praise and thank him for being God. Instead, their thoughts were pointless, and their misguided minds were plunged into darkness. 22While claiming to be wise, they became fools. 23They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for statues that looked like mortal humans, birds, animals, and snakes.

 

 

 

Prov. 12:10 The Godly care for their animals, but even the mercies of the wicked are cruel.

 

 

Psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation.

 

 

 

Please go over here to "Enjoying Everything II"--


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...