Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fallin' Down

We live in a fallen world. We all fall. Most of the focus, whether over the pulpit, or on Christian radio, or in our own heads...is our favorite subject - sin, and in all the different ways we do it. 

 

 

However, have you thought about it -- that when you sin, it probably is not against an inanimate object? Moreover, does your sin only affect you?

 

 

We are all at some stage of trying, or better said desiring, not to sin against God. Yet, sinning against God Himself is impossible - He's God. When we sin against someone we take at least a little piece of them and damage it. However, God cannot be damaged...as He is not human like us. What I am getting at is that when we sin against one another is how we sin against God. Job was faced with the fact too in Job 35:1-8, that God Himself is not affected by sin the way we are. Anyway...

 

 

Recently, I have felt the pain that comes with being sinned against...and it did cause me to stumble. I fell down. It affected my attitudes and my outlook on everything. Their sin caused me to sin. We are not God - we are affected by other's behaviors.

 

 

Romans 14: "12Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. 13So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall." Please read this whole chapter here : http://nlt.scripturetext.com/romans/14.htm

 

 

1 Cor. 10: 23“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24No one should seek their own good, but the good of others. 31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God33even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved."

 

 

 

So, how do we, "live in such a way"? (up in vs 13) We make it so hard...but Jesus said that living for Him is easy and light. Think about, inside yourself, how you would like to be treated. If you like being roughed up...then this is obviously not what Christ was saying! However,  in the definition of love in 1 Cor. 13 there are the ways of love we would all like to be treated with. Ya know - some kindness and a lil' patience, instead of storming ahead so you get to be the first in line!

 

 
 
 

Also, if we have our mind set on the things of God throughout the day...then this helps a whole lot too with our own attitudes that can cause us to sin against others.  Romans 8: 6" For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." ~ and~ Phil. 4:7 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

*The above yellow caution sign was gotten off the internet, with no intentional copy-right infringement. Please let me know if this is yours and I will remove it.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said in this blog, We are all at some stage of trying, or better said desiring, not to sin against God. Yet, sinning against God Himself is impossible - He's God..... This statement is not true. It is bothering me if I don't tell you. The Bible says it, not me. Psalm 51, the words of king David, "3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
    4 Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight— that You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You judge.

    We sin when we are not in God's perfect will for our own lives. He is the ONLY One who has the right to judge us for our sin. I sin, you sin, we all sin.... against God, not each other. We hurt each other, offend, violate, etc... that is where Christ comes into the picture and we learn to forgive.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...