Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God Loves You From A-Z

~can always click on images to enlarge~


God loves you from A-Z. There is not one area that He does not love about you. Even the weakest areas! Well, I would even say especially the weak areas. Because those are the areas that show their need for Him the most...as the strong areas are like a glass filled to the brim with water...they have no room for anything else. But a glass that is lacking...and is even willing to be emptied...is open for and thirsty for more.

 

 

Our old nature's tendencies must be replaced with what the new nature naturally does....which is what the old nature does not like doing ~ well, on a regular basis anyway. Do you notice that when there is a disaster people will go running to help!? The adrenaline and survival mode kicks in...then the conscience kicks in full gear. Thank God mankind has at least been given a conscience...or this world would have been obliterated a long time ago!

 

 

We as Christians however have much more than merely a conscience. We also have the power and love that comes from the Holy Spirit. Therefore, God does not just want concern to be shown just when there are disasters in the proportions we've seen...then we go home and walk right by the disasters that live among and around us. ~ Peoples lives that are empty and have been affected by the darkness in this world. They NEED the light...the extraordinary love... of Christ shown to them...and who else is going to do it? Seriously...who else is going to do it?  

 

 

Yes, you!...and me! And God wants us to truly LIVE each day...and not wait. The darkness can slip in and will do this as much as there is opportunity...because, where we are not living in the light, there will naturally be room for darkness. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow does not exist yet. Today is always the day.

 

 

Hebrews 3:13
But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

 

 

It reminds me when I was a kid. I'd often hear, "No, we are not going anywhere this weekend, because we were already gone  last weekend!" I would think to myself, "What does that have anything to do with it? So that means I don't live, or shouldn't really live, this weekend?

 
 

 

 

 Christianity is not a job, or religion where you and I wait to do it, and go somewhere to practice it at certain times. It is even more than a lifestyle...it is an actual transformation. A 'becoming' what we were originally created to be.  How much closer can one get to describing it then how God describes it in:

 
 

 

 

 Galatians2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

 

 

 

 

God has been impressing on me that eternity does not start when we die, no. It has already started. Eternity starts today. God is preparing us today to live with Him where there is NO darkness...and God is calling us to take as many people with us as we can!!

 

 

 

One Christian comedian said once that when Jesus comes back he is going to grab two sinners as he's going up, then say to them, "You either repent, or I let go!"








 

Christian literally means, "little Christ". We do not wait. No matter how you bring it about according to your personality, gifts and talents...the mindset you and I are exhorted to live by is the mind of Christ...which means the mind of a servant who walks in step with the Holy Spirit and...who doesn't shy away from it because they understand  that being yoked with Christ is easy and His burden is light. A servant is ready at any time...any day...any moment...to serve. They live to serve out of love.


 

Matthew 11:30
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

 

 

Galatians 5:23-24 "But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

 

 

My brother is an Opera singer, and once he told me that anyone can sing, but not everyone is a singer. The same goes for us. There are people that serve...lots of people that serve, but they are not servants in the true sense.

 

 

 

Servants of God biblically live to serve....because they have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer they who live, but it is now Christ who lives in them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...