Tuesday, December 18, 2012

He's Too Bright To Look At

Let The Son Shine On You!

Let The Son Shine On You!         *

Let The Son Shine On You!

Let The Son Shine On You!

 

Exodus 33:19-22                               *

 *

The LORD replied (to Moses), "I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live." The LORD continued, "Look, stand near me on this rock. As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

                                        *

I've heard people who are wondering if there is a God say, "If God wants us to know He's here, why not show Himself!"  Now we know why God has not done that.       

                   *                                           *

God's ways are so much higher than ours....and His presence much more spectacular than ours as well. I used to tell my kids, "He's too bright to look at."

*                                              *

Everything about God is much greater. He is not of this world at all. In the areas of our daily lives....what we do...what we think...where we go...most of the things we do we don't question. Yet it is time for Christians to ask God to help us to deliberately be open to question...even those things that we've put high up on the shelf of acceptable things. The things that have been put up on a special shelf where the things go that 'just seem so right and don't need any scrutiny!'                                           

*                                                           *

God is pure light. He has no darkness in Him at all...and His aim is to continue to perfect us so that we become more and more and more...and more like Him. I think that our carnal mind kinda thinks that there are some things that to God are negotiable. Which means we're thinking that our ways, the carnal ways we are used to, are not all bad. That we can go ahead and mix our opinions and feelings in with God's.

               *                                                                                                    *

We think we can go ahead and see scripture thru "church doctrine glasses". But, light and dark will not and cannot mix. Which means we don't expect God to submit to our will or ways....no, we submit to His. If we are growing, then some of the things we are thinking will surely be from God...but we still must be willing to allow everything to be exposed to the light, and stay in the light. We are to learn to see God, scripture, life and any other thing there is to see - thru the "glasses" of the Holy Spirit, Who is pure light.

                                                 *                                *

God wants us to become familiar and comfortable with allowing God to shine His light on every single thing in our lives. However, this is probably the hardest thing for us humans to do. Adam and Eve made this evident that the human nature's first reaction to being found out is to run away, then become defensive and then dive headlong into denial...so, we just try to avoid having any light shine on us in the first place.

    *                                           *

However, what's funny about this...as I have experienced this personally many times...is trying to only allow certain things to be exposed to the light...ha!..this is about impossible! Because when you walk into a room and turn on the light, everything is exposed! Oh, well, except those things that have intentionally been put in places where the light cannot easily get to.  Like those things that are behind closed doors, or are hidden in drawers...even then we know that God can still see them. But, as in Adam and Eve's case, God wants us to deliberately take everything out of the drawers and the closets instead of running away.      

                                                   *

 *                                                             *

Ephesians 5:8
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light--

Ephesians 5:14 
For it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

    *                                                                         *

Scary?? It should not be...because if we have been perfected in love, then we will not fear. We will know that there is no condemnation for those who are His. We will know that He shines the light for our good, and not to condemn us.

      *                                                                                                              *

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

                                                   *                       *

Romans 8:1
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! I really enjoy your blog! I read your blog, and I see myself in it as well. We are of one mind in one accord. God bless you!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ, thank you so much! You made my day!! Please tell me about yourself...I truly enjoy meeting new friends...
      Blessings...

      Delete

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...