Monday, December 31, 2012

A Little Side Note....



As the New Year is almost here, and before I post my number II study I wanted to post a little side note...which will also include a prayer request. Something I've had a hard time with in my life is boundaries...and I have been reminded of this by a number of things that have happened this year (2012). I began learning about the importance of boundaries a long time ago when a Pastor gave me a book by Henry Cloud called, "Changes That Heal".

 

 

Well, first before I could even be open to a book that in my mind was a psychology-type book...of which I was taught would be from the devil...I had to go through a time of learning about grace and the freedom grace gives. This then helped to dispense with the rigidness that kept me bound to what was mostly superstition and fear.

 

 

Anyway, that book put me on the road of a journey that has not ended. I am still learning to say no when I need to, and to only say yes when I truly feel it is right for me...and all in all to always let God in on everything I do. Something I learned about boundaries...and the purpose of them...is to cultivate the ability to make choices as to who and what to "let in" my life, or certain areas of it, and what or who to not let in. This, biblically, is what God wants for all of us.

 

 To discern between good and evil, and to only let in the good...yet balance this with making sure we don't also leave out in the cold what our fears would have us shut the door on.  Such as challenges, new situations, areas of our heart that need attended to, different kinds of people and so forth...as these are what help us grow, as well as give us the opportunities to bear fruit for God.

 

 

The biggest thing I am learning is to never hang on to anything with a closed, tight fist. To let God be in charge of everything. There has been soooo many times in this journey that I have either held onto something so tightly, or shut the door on something and locked it!...where God had other plans. 

 

The way God does things is in a manner that is very careful and gentle...whereas we want to just get things done. God also wants us to learn...well, me anyway...that most of life is not black and white. It's not all bad or all good. So, the things we might have a tendency to get rid of, may very well be something that is good. This is where faith comes in...because in time the bad will come to light as we closely abide in Him.  

 

 

Matthew 13: 24-30

 

24Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

 

27“The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

 

28“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

 

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

 

29“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

 

 

 

So, I am sincerely asking for your prayers, as this coming year I know will present many challenges. I am considering going back to school...for possibly a BA in Art Education, and I will need financial aid for this. I also have fibromialgia pretty badly which adversely affects my energy level. In addition, I have a tendency towards bouts of depression. There are some other things that I won't share publically, but if you have it on your heart to pray for me I'd be glad to share it with you via email - com4tea@yahoo.com        

 

 

All in all what I really want to keep in the forefront of my mind is that life is a journey...and to truly let God have the reigns. To not be afraid of the hills and valleys...and to be ok with what I have. Because I know that most of the time we are not content is because we are comparing our situation with someone who seems to have more than we have.  So, to be thankful for food and shelter...and most of all, to be content with God and where I am at right now.

 

I will also be praying for you in this coming year....you better believe it! Thank you for the time you take to read my writings....you have no idea how much it blesses me!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Amen, and your not alone in your struggles, I think these listed are some alot struggle with including me, it's taken me years to learn to let go and let God! I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...