Thursday, January 24, 2013

What Will You Say?

Will It Be...



Or YES?

 

1 Corinthians 7:23 God paid a high price for you, so don't be enslaved again by what the world does.

 *


 

We said YES to Him when we called out to God for salvation...now the evidence of His entrance into our lives naturally comes after that...so, now we just follow His lead?What do you say? 

 

 
 

 

YES!?! ~ So then, what is it that grows more and more out of an authentic Christian? OH, I know! We naturally listen and obey Christ's command...you know, because we are so happy to do whatever He wants!!!...or maybe our mind says, I DON'T LIKE THE WORD OBEY!!...and THE WORD COMMAND either!! ((BIG sigh))

 

 
 

 

Hmmm...BUT then why would those words scare us?? When the God who loves US and knows EVERYTHING is the One commanding!?! However, maybe He saved us for another reason???? Hmmm...To create a church that would enforce our idea of a moral society...or perhaps to form another special interest group and  stand up for our rights??? ?

 

 
 
 

 

Hmmm...Did He save us so we could enjoy life and send money to the missionaries so they could do the work...or make prayer shawls for Christian charitable organizations?  Hmmm...

 

 
 
 

 Wellmaybe we are supposed to rally together and make laws that keep certain sinners from choosing how to live! (Yeah! That'll show 'um!) Perhaps we ARE supposed to learn and understand the most important doctrines and mysteries of God so we can finally know how to please Him? ? 

 

 
 
 

Or did Jesus save us so we could become more like Him, so we serve when there is a need? Or, maybe so we could be more happy, successful and prosperous?



 
*
 

 
1 Cor. 2:2 For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

*
 
 
 


Col. 2:2 I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God's mysterious plan, which is Christ himself.

 

 

*

 

So, why did God call us into the Christian life? To be really nice and friendly people with big grins on our face all the time? Or people that are authentic and truly treat others with the same care we would care about ourselves. Or maybe our purpose is to be a part of a body of believers that are glad and ready to help whenever another part of the body is in need? Well, those all sound good, but I think we have to spend our time now that we're saved, to focus on trying real hard to keep sin out of our lives!??

 

 

NAH!!

 
 
 
 
 
 

I KNOW why He saved us!!! It's all about His grace...and I mean, it is ALL because of grace that I have complete access to Jesus now ~ the King of Kings!! Halleluia! Perhaps the completely new person I am inside will naturally grow when I do just one simple thing ~ fix my attention on my Savior ~ then take His words and HIS ways in the Gospel AS my example! It is right then that I have accepted His yoke upon me!!...that yoke that is easy and light! Wow! Think of it! I can actually walk and talk with Him...the God of the universe...and learn from Him. AMAZING! 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.


1 John 2:6 Those who say they live in God must live their lives as Jesus did.

  


 

 Hmmm...Well!!! Was it so we could get holy, healed and relish in being abundantly blessed? OR, perhaps it's so we could warn people of God's wrath and form a group that only accepts those God deems truly worthy of being in church? You know...us regular sinners who only gossip, quarrel and secretly lust - not those extreme ones who are homosexual!

 

 

Mark 2:17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to callthe righteous, but sinners."

 

 

 

OR maybe our purpose is to say YES to the call God has placed on each one of us - to show the mighty love of Christ as God gives us opportunity each day, so others can be drawn to Him and be saved too? BUT, doesn't the grace we have now free us to do nothing?But, that would be boring...and it sure would not be truly satisfying!

  


Galatians 5:13
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.

 

*

 
 
 

Matthew 22: 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. ~ Love God and your neighbor as you love yourself.

 *

 
 

So, what will you say when God calls you?

*

 
 


James 1:20 For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

 
*
 
 

Eph. 5:2 Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

*
 
 

Gal. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

*


* I found this video on my friend's blog - http://mountaintopmemories.blogspot.com/  She is a wonderful servant of God...please also go on over and visit her inspiring  blog when you get the chance!!




 

5 comments:

  1. Good word!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing... I always try to say yes to God in whatever the need that He has in store for me... As a former Teacher I have always attempted to show the children that they needed to listen to God and do as He wants them to do and not what man would want them to do.. another words to always do right and never wrong. Most of those that I taught over the years are now in their late 30's and I have heard from some of them and they tell me that they are raising their children the way I taught them . They are also telling others how to live right and to always listen to God... Of those I have taught some of them are now Teachers or Ministers and it makes me happy to know that I had a hand in teaching them to live the right way and see the next generation from them coming up the same way...

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know of any comments or questions you may have...I enjoy learning from others and hearing what they have to say...